Terms & Conditions
THESE ARE THE TERMS OF OUR AGREEMENT WITH EACH OTHER. ALL OF IT IS IMPORTANT SO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ IT CAREFULLY. BY ENROLLING IN THESE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
You agree that you will use the Program only for your own behalf. You will be responsible for all use of your personal identification number (PIN) and must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your personal identification number, or the theft or misplacement of your personal identification number.
3. Privacy and Information Sharing
4. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- NEITHER IDX OR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU AS AN AGENT IN OBTAINING COPIES OF: YOUR PERSONAL CREDIT REPORT, CREDIT ALERT REPORT, QUARTERLY UPDATE, OR CREDIT SCORE. NEITHER IDX OR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES OR CREDIT INFORMATION SUBCONTRACTORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH SERVICE. NEITHER IDX OR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR REQUEST, USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE SERVICES. NEITHER IDX OR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES OR CREDIT INFORMATION SUBCONTRACTORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NEGATIVE FACTUAL INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY REPORTS YOU RECEIVE AS PART OF THE SERVICE. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF ALL SUCH PARTIES TO YOU IN ANY EVENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT WHICH HAS BEEN PAID ON YOUR BEHALF FOR YOUR MEMBERSHIP. THE PROGRAM IS NOT A CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICE AND DOES NOT PROMISE TO HELP YOU OBTAIN A LOAN OR IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT RECORD, HISTORY, OR RATING. THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE ANY TERMINATION, CANCELLATION, OR EXPIRATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- We are not a credit repair organization, or similarly regulated organization under other applicable laws, and do not provide credit repair advice.
- The credit monitoring offerings monitor only the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and do not monitor, compare or cross-reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit file(s) maintained by the applicable credit bureau(s).
- With respect to SSN Trace services, you represent and warrant to us that you will use such services (or any of the information therein) to protect against or prevent actual fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities, and not for any other purpose.
5. Limitation of Liability
- SUBJECT TO SECTION 4 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; OR
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES OR SITE;
- ANY CHANGES WHICH WE MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION; OR
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
- THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN SECTION 4 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
6. Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
When you provide comments, suggestions, or ideas (collectively, “Feedback”), such Feedback is not considered confidential. We are not obligated to you if you provide such Feedback. We are free to use, copy, or distribute the Feedback to others for any purpose.
7. International Use
Because you can access this Site and use the Services internationally, you agree to follow all local rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, and privacy. Specifically, you agree to follow all laws that apply to transmitting technical data exported from the United States or the country of your residence.
8. Fair Credit Reporting Act
The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to obtain from each credit reporting agency a disclosure of all the information in your credit file at the time of the request. Full disclosure of information in your file at a credit reporting agency must be obtained directly from such credit reporting agency. The credit reports provided or requested through our Site are not intended to constitute the disclosure of information by a credit reporting agency as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to receive an annual free disclosure of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies. To request your free annual report under the FCRA, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can also contact the central source to request this free annual disclosure by calling toll free (877) 322-8228 or by using the mail request form available at the central source Website.
You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report from a credit reporting agency if:
- You have been denied or were otherwise notified of an adverse action related to credit, insurance, employment, or a government granted license or other government granted benefit within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You have been denied house/apartment rental or were required to pay a higher deposit than usually required within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment during the sixty (60) day period beginning on the date on which you made such certification.
- You certify in writing that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
- You certify in writing that you have reason to believe that your file at such credit reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
In addition, if you reside in the state of Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or Vermont, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report once a year and if you reside in the state of Georgia, you are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report twice a year. For Illinois residents, credit reporting agencies are required by law to give you a copy of your credit record upon request at no charge or for a nominal fee. Otherwise, a consumer reporting agency may impose a reasonable charge for providing you with a copy of your credit report.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act provides that you may dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your credit report. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE YOUR CREDIT REPORT FROM ANY OF THE CREDIT BUREAUS IN ORDER TO DISPUTE INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION IN YOUR REPORT OR TO RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR REPORT FROM EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN OR TRANSUNION, THE THREE NATIONAL CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES, OR FROM ANY OTHER CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY.
It may be the policies of Equifax, Experian and/or TransUnion to provide a complimentary copy of the consumer credit report under circumstances other than those described above. If you wish to contact Equifax, Experian or TransUnion to obtain a copy of your credit report directly from such agency or if you wish to dispute information contained in an Equifax, Experian or TransUnion credit report file, please contact such entities as follows:
Experian: 1-800-EXPERIAN (1-888-397-3742)
9. Applicable Law
This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and enforced according to the laws of the State of Texas, regardless of Texas conflict of laws. Subject to Section 11 below (which provides for arbitration of claims between us to the maximum extent possible), you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Travis County, Texas for any dispute or litigation arising out of, relating to, or the use or purchase of Services.
You, on the one hand, and IDX and each of the Service Poviders, on the other, agree that any claim or dispute ("Claim") between us shall, at the election of any one of us, be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its rules for consumer arbitrations. It is the parties' intent that this arbitration provision be construed broadly, including that this arbitration agreement include any Claims by You against IDX or the Service Providers, as well as their respective corporate affiliates. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, You, IDX and the Service Providers are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. At your request, we will pay the first $125 of your arbitration fees. You will be solely responsible for your arbitration fees and costs in excess of $125. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual Claim. YOU, ON ONE HAND, AND IDX AND THE SERVICE PROVIDERS, ON THE OTHER, AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless You, on the hand, and IDX and the Service Providers, on the other, agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's Claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision in the preceding sentence is found to be unenforceable then the entirety of this arbitration provision in this Section 10 shall be null and void. Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, any party may bring an individual action in small claims court. The parties to this Agreement acknowledge that this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. ("FAA"). Judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall follow substantive law to the extent consistent with the FAA and shall honor any claims or privileges recognized by law. The terms of this Section 10 shall survive any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement.
12. Your Passwords and Account Security
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to us for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately.
13. Termination of Relationship
- If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so, with our without cause, by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where we have made this option available to you. Please contact us to close your account.
- We may at any time terminate our legal agreement with you with our without cause (and for any or no reason). We may also terminate our legal agreement with you if, among other reasons:
- we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful).
- We are not responsible for delay or failure to perform due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
- You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any IDX trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without IDX express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of IDX or any third party.
- No part of IDX Web Site may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of IDX.
- The images, text, screens, web pages, materials, data, content and other information (“Content”) used and displayed on the Site are the property of IDX or its third party service providers or suppliers and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. In addition to our rights in individual elements of the Content within the Site, IDX owns copyright or patent rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You may copy the Content from the Web Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear on the pages copied. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, none of the Content may be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of IDX or the owner of the Content.
- Except as otherwise provided, we may send any notices to you to the most recent e-mail address you have provided to us or, if you have not provided an e-mail address, to any e-mail or postal address that we believe is your address. If you wish to update your registration information, please log in to your account and update your information.
- IDX is the trade name for Identity Theft Guard Solutions, Inc., 4145 SW Watson Ave #400, Beaverton, OR 97005.
February 10, 2021